The Greek playwright Euripides said, “It is a good thing to be rich, and it is a good thing to be strong, but it is a better thing to be loved of many friends.” So I guess he agreed – work is a good thing; staying strong through fitness is good; but the best thing is to have friends. And that means not spending one more precious minute with the wrong people.
- One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.
- When a good man is hurt, all who would be called good must suffer with him.
- Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
- Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad
- When love is in excess it brings a man no honor nor worthiness.
- Silence is true wisdom’s best reply.
- The good and the wise lead quiet lives.
- Nothing has more strength than dire necessity.
View original post 13 more words