The fear of abandonment is a no laughing matter. While most of us have experienced abandonment in some form or another, we all cope with our fears differently. A person with abandonment issues is not necessarily someone who was abandoned by his parents as a child. It could be someone
- who grew up with neglectful parents,
- buried someone he or she loved,
- experienced acute pain of loneliness when his or her best childhood friend moved away,
- was rejected by someone he or she loved,
- or it could be someone with Borderline Personality Disorder (more on BPD here).
Not every person who had to live through these unpleasant experiences will develop the fear of abandonment, and even if they do, the severity of their symptoms may vary greatly. Some of the common symptoms include:
View original post 106 more words