Choose a specific thought that you’d like to work with, such asI’ll never find a joborIf this relationship ends,I’ll never get over it. Then challenge this thought by asking any of the following questions:
- Is this thought really true?
- How do I know it’s true?
- What is the evidence for this thought?
- What is the evidence against this thought?
- Can I think of any times when this thought has not been true?
- Is this thought helping me or hurting me?
- Who would I be if I let go of this thought?
- What could I do if I let go of this thought?
- Am I willing to release this thought?
- What’s the worst that could happen if I let go of this thought? Can I live with that?
Excerpted from the e-bookHow to Change Your Thinking about Shame: A Hazelden Quick Guide. Published…
View original post 11 more words